Present yourself in the best and brightest light!
Getting Started and Our Process
Getting started is easy! Simply apply now, and our team of recruiters will review your qualifications and experience. If your skills and background match with the needs of our clients and the types of positions we place, a recruiter will reach out to schedule an interview.
TimesheetsCity Staffing timesheets are electronic through our web portal. Once you accept an assignment you will receive an email with details and instructions on how to register and use electronic timesheets. If you need any help or have any questions please contact Caitlin at email@example.com.
We understand the importance of health insurance and want to be a resource in helping you secure coverage. You and your family may be able to obtain health coverage through the Marketplace, with a new kind of tax credit that lowers your monthly premiums and with assistance for out-of-pocket costs. City Staffing is unable to provide cost sharing for Marketplace coverage.
Get Covered America is a non-profit organization dedicated to maximizing the number of uninsured Americans who enroll in health coverage made available by the Affordable Care Act. If you are currently uninsured, please visit the website at GetCoveredAmerica.org, where you can request more information and use the calculator to find out if you qualify for financial assistance in the Marketplace. You can also find enrollment events in your area where you can receive help enrolling from a certified enrollment counselor.
We have also partnered with Heartland Health Centers, a federally qualified health center on Chicago’s north side. They can register you for Obamacare or Medicaid, and introduce you to their other services. Last year, their twelve locations provided nearly 18,000 patients with a medical home where they could receive comprehensive primary, oral, and mental health services regardless of ability to pay. They are open to the entire community – the uninsured as well as those who have Medicaid, Medicare or private insurance. Feel free to contact City Staffing for their contact information or visit their website HeartlandHealthCenters.org.
If you work for City Staffing on a full time assignment you may qualify for insurance through City Staffing. We will reach out to you with details but feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Referral BonusLooking for some extra cash? You can get $100 if you refer a friend to us and they work 80 hours!
Government FormsProvided are required government forms. To save time in our office, feel free to print and complete prior to your interview.
The perfect resume is crucial to the success of your job search. Utilize these sites for effective resume writing tips:
Pocket Resume (phone app)
InterviewingConfidence and preparation are key! Take advantage of the advice these sites have to offer before the big day: Successful Job Interviews What You Wish You'd Known Before Your Job Interview 3 Pre-Interview Confidence Boosters
Staffing TrendsHow big is the industry?
The staffing industry generated approximately $117 billion in sales in 2012: $104.8 billion from temporary and contract staffing and $12.2 billion in search and permanent placement services.How many companies use staffing services?
90% of U.S. companies use temporary help services.How many staffing companies are there in the U.S.?
According to the most current U.S. Economic Census data available, there were about 17,000 firms that were in business for a year or more during 2007. Those companies operated approximately 35,000 offices.What accounts for the growth of the industry?
America's work force is changing as more and more people are looking for the flexibility that temporary work provides.
Sources: American Staffing Association, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Omnicomp Group, the Conference Board, Frontlinesourcegroup.com
FAQFrequently Asked Questions from Associates
- Do you charge a fee for using our associate services?
- No, there is no fee for our employees.
- How do I get paid?
- You are responsible for submitting a properly completed timesheet to City Staffing by Monday at 9:00am.
- When will I get paid?
- Payday is the Wednesday following each week worked. Checks are mailed each Wednesday, or you can pick up your check at our office anytime after 12pm.
- What if I don't receive my paycheck?
- Contact City Staffing immediately to clear up any payroll questions.
- Can I work more than one assignment a week?
- Yes, you can as long as you do not work over 40 hours. Just submit a separate time sheet for each assignment worked.
- I want to take a day off, I have to miss work, or I am going to be late. Who do I contact?
- Contact City Staffing should any issues arise during your assignment and we will seek approval from your supervisor. You will not be paid for approved time off.
- What do I do if my assignment ends?
- Submit your work availability on a weekly basis to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to get you on another assignment as soon as possible.
- What is your screening process?
- There are several steps to our interview process. First, we conduct a phone interview with all of our prospective candidates. If we feel they are a good fit for our agency, our recruiters will then conduct an in-person interview. References are then checked and qualified associates are required to complete a Microsoft Office skills test.
- Do you provide background or drug tests for your candidates?
- This is not done for every candidate, but we do have the capability to complete these tests at the client's request.
- I have a question about my invoice. Who do I talk to?
- Caitlin is happy to assist with all invoice issues. You can call her at 312-346-3400 or email email@example.com.
- If I use your services am I able to work with other staffing agencies?
- Yes, we have a non-binding agreement.
- How does the process start?
- You can get the process started by filling out the Place a Job Order form or by giving our recruiters a call at 312-346-3400. Our recruiters are happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.
Want to join our City Staffing family?
Apply now to become our newest member!